I want to offer a free offer - suggestions please

From George Papas



Opinions please..

Background:📌
I'm an Asset Finance Broker (cars, equipment, machinery etc.) and also accredited to offer cash flow finance and insurance premium funding.

Dilemma:📌
I want to try a free offer that is of value to small/medium sized businesses. 

It feels like sometimes people are surprised at how valuable a good finance broker relationship can be to their business and many customers feel they will pay more by using me. In fact, it's the complete opposite. They pay more when they deal with banks alone.

Further, having financed goods for many different types of businesses, you get a good idea of what works and what doesn't, so the discussions with my clients vary rarely centres around the loan they are going for. It's usually a business/strategy/tax/finance structure discussion for the most part.

Current Ideas:📌
I was thinking of something like a financial health check to give people an understanding of their borrowing capacity and talk them through their finance needs in achieving their business goals and work out a plan. I'm not really looking for immediate return, but more a way to show what value I can provide to them and their business in the long-term.

My current clients keep coming back, and continue to refer because they know I'm saving them money, but word of mouth is slow and I'd like more interaction in the business community on a professional level.

Opinions:📌
To all the business owners out there. What offer would you like to see from a Finance Broker?

Sorry for the long post, but I felt the background was important.

Some gems of answers:- 


From Dan B 


Slow down and take a big picture snap shot of their current financial position and possible financial position. 

Show them the differences in cashflow, cash left in the bank and accessability to funds if required. 

Personalise a plan and present on 1 page. 

I hope this helps.

Craig H


George, sounds like when you have the contact with the customer you can provide value. 

So is your question more about lead generation?  Eg how can you have an awesome offer that attracts your preferred types of clients? 

So first up pick one industry and become the expert service provider

 The more you can dig into verticles the more you become tbe go to person for them.  You'll know their hot buttons. 

Give them incentives I can show you how to source really cheap holidays for promotions!

 There is nothing better than a free holiday to get prospects booked.